Privacy and Data Protection Statement
Please be assured that we will process your personal data in strict compliance with the data protection laws of the EU, especially the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), as we lay out in this Data Protection Notice.
Everest will be the data controller (ie we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal information) and can if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal data is data by which you can be identified or by which you are identifiable. We will only process your personal data if a legal or contractual provision allows us to do so, if we have a legitimate interest or if you have consented prior to the processing. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we do not intend in any way to collect personal information relating to anyone who has not reached the age of civil majority.
We may collect personal data from you and process it when you are a user of our services, products, software or mobile applications and websites, and when you request software updates, customer services and product warranty or repair (referred to collectively herein as “services”).
The services are provided within the scope of and in accordance with specific lawful requirements.
We process your personal data through our services only to the extent that at least one of the following applies:
Data We Collect from You and Our Purposes
The following is to explain each of the services in detail.
a. Use of the Services
If you subscribe to our newsletters or other marketing information, we may collect your name, email address and postal address for communication.
c. License and Product Registration
When we grant a license or usage rights to you, or you register your product for extended warranty or software update services, we may use your name, email address, phone number and postal address for verification of your identity to provide you with the products and services you are entitled to.
Use for Marketing
If you have given us your consent to receive newsletters or other marketing communications, we may use your data to send you marketing information including promotions, upcoming events and news about products and services offered by us or our trusted partners that we may deem of interest to you. You can unsubscribe from any of our lists.
You can turn cookies off in your web browser settings. If you do this, you may not be able to use all our services because without cookies we are unable to remember your preferences.
Unless you have specifically requested to be removed from our databases, your data will be retained for a maximum period of two years from the date of your last interaction with us. We may continue to store your data according to local laws and regulations, and we shall utilize physical, technical and organizational controls to keep your data secured.
How to exercise your data protection rights
As a data subject your rights are the following:
· The right to receive information about the data processing and a copy of the processed data,
· The right to demand the rectification of inaccurate data or the completion of incomplete data,
· The right to demand the erasure of personal data and, in case the personal data have been made public, the information towards other controllers about the request of erasure,
· The right to demand the restriction of the data processing,
· The right to receive the personal data concerning the data subject in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to request the transmittance of these data to another controller,
· The right to object the data processing in order to stop it,
· The right to withdraw a given consent at any time to stop a data processing that is based on your consent. The withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on the consent before the withdrawal.
· The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you consider the data processing to be an infringement of the GDPR.
In all these cases please contact our GDPR officer centre by email address email@example.com
Finally, in particular in the European Union Member State of your habitual residence or place of the alleged infringement, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a local data protection supervisory authority.
Changes and Update
It may from time to time be necessary to update this Privacy and Data Protection Statement. We therefore reserve the right to change its contents at any time. We will publish the updated version of the Privacy and Data Protection Statement on our website. If these changes are significant, we will email you with these new details. If we are required by law, we will obtain your consent to make these changes.